Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

Saturday, March 11, 2006

There is no gay god.

I’m sorry, but I just don’t care about the feelings of people upset that their god is being insulted. I guess I’m kind of a Stalinist in that I think religion is a drag on humanity. I think the anger we see reported about in this story is more about a fight for self-determination rather than indignation over a stupid cartoon and/or deity. True believers, confident in their crazy beliefs don’t get that upset about a parody.

I bet young people all over the world are more like the sophist of antiquity; they looked to rational thought over some ethereal Cartesian conception to explain their plight. Being poor sucks. We can look to “god” or we can look to science to explain it and end it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home